International meeting: e-Medine organizes and promotes cooperation
The current political scene indicates that young people are not interested in cooperating and participating to the social life of the community: nevertheless, the disaffection towards politics is only one mere side of the general outline of the issue. Apart from political engagement, e-Medine aims to educate and train young people to become critical citizens, develop a positive attitude and increase their participation to activities such as volunteering, intercultural exchanges and awareness campains.
Active citizenship refers to people getting involved in their local communities and democracies at all levels. It can be as small as a campaign to clean up your street or as big as educating young people about democratic values, skills and political engagement. In essence, active citizenship is one of the most important step towards healthy societies.
e-Medine supports democratic cooperation based on the acceptance of universal human rights and the role of law. The Observatory values diversity and pursues knowledge through education and transfer of know-how. Ultimately, e-Medine attaches great significance to the key act of social inclusion.
e-Medine general objectives
- The mission of Observatory e-Medine primarily concerns the promotion of active citizenship. Further objectives include:
- Fostering a sense of belonging among european citizens by giving them the opportunity to interact and participate in building a united, democratic and world-oriented Europe. This process would be enriched through cultural diversity, and social inclusion
- Supporting citizenship, engagement in policy-making processes and improving conditions for civic and democratic participation
- Development and implementation of innovative formal and non-formal online training programmes
- Promoting cooperation through the organization of round tables, meetings and events to encourage public discussion and strengthen social participation
- Enhancing tolerance and mutual understanding between citizens respecting and promoting cultural and linguistic diversity, while contributing to intercultural dialogue
- Promotion of mutual understanding, intercultural learning, solidarity, societal engagement and volunteering
- Transfer of innovative ideas aiming at sustainable development of territory and empowerment of citizens
Where we are…
Headquarters: Via Mario Sangiorgi, n.37 – 95129, Catania, Sicily, Italy.
Tel.+39 095 7463250